10 Virtues of the Proverbs 31 Woman
Proverbs 9:10 The fear of the Lord is the beginning of wisdom: and the knowledge of the holy is understanding.
1. Faith - A Virtuous Woman fears God and serves God with all of her heart, mind, and soul. She seeks His will for her life and follows His ways. (Proverbs 31:26, Proverbs 31:29 – 31, Matthew 22:37, John 14:15, Psalm 119:15
2. Marriage – A Virtuous Woman respects her husband. She does him good all the days of her life. She is trustworthy and a helpmeet. (Proverbs 31:11-12, Proverbs 31:23, Proverbs 31:28, 1 Peter 3, Ephesians 5, Genesis 2:18)
3. Mothering - A Virtuous Woman teaches her children the ways of her Father in heaven. She nurtures her children with the love of Christ, disciplines them with care and wisdom, and trains them in the way they should go. (Proverbs 31:28, Proverbs 31:26, Proverbs 22: 6, Deuteronomy 6, Luke 18:16)
4. Health – A Virtuous Woman cares for her body. She prepares healthy food for her family. (Proverbs 31:14–15, Proverbs 31:17, 1 Corinthians 6:19, Genesis 1:29, Daniel 1, Leviticus 11)
5. Service - A Virtuous Woman serves her husband, her family, her friends, and her neighbors with a gentle and loving spirit. She is charitable. (Proverbs 31:12, Proverbs 31: 15, Proverbs 31:20, 1 Corinthians 13:13)
6. Finances - A Virtuous Woman seeks her husband’s approval before making purchases and spends money wisely. She is careful to purchase quality items which her family needs. (Proverbs 31:14, Proverbs 31:16, Proverbs 31:18, 1 Timothy 6:10, Ephesians 5:23, Deuteronomy 14:22, Numbers 18:26)
7. Industry – A Virtuous Woman works willingly with her hands. She sings praises to God and does not grumble while completing her tasks. (Proverbs 31:13, Proverbs 31:16, Proverbs 31:24, Proverbs 31:31, Philippians 2:14)
8. Homemaking – A Virtuous Woman is a homemaker. She creates an inviting atmosphere of warmth and love for her family and guests. She uses hospitality to minister to those around her. (Proverbs 31:15, Proverbs 31:20–22, Proverbs 31;27, Titus 2:5, 1 Peter 4:9, Hebrews 13:2)
9. Time - A Virtuous Woman uses her time wisely. She works diligently to complete her daily tasks. She does not spend time dwelling on those things that do not please the Lord. (Proverbs 31:13, Proverbs 31:19, Proverbs 31:27, Ecclesiastes 3, Proverbs 16:9, Philippians 4:8 )
10. Beauty – A Virtuous Woman is a woman of worth and beauty. She has the inner beauty that only comes from Christ. She uses her creativity and sense of style to create beauty in her life and the lives of her loved ones. (Proverbs 31:10, Proverbs 31:21–22, Proverbs 31: 24-25, Isaiah 61:10, 1 Timothy 2:9, 1 Peter 3:1–6)
10 Who can find a virtuous woman? for her price is far above rubies.
11 The heart of her husband doth safely trust in her, so that he shall have no need of spoil.
12 She will do him good and not evil all the days of her life.
13 She seeketh wool, and flax, and worketh willingly with her hands.
14 She is like the merchants' ships; she bringeth her food from afar.
15 She riseth also while it is yet night, and giveth meat to her household, and a portion to her maidens.
16 She considereth a field, and buyeth it: with the fruit of her hands she planteth a vineyard.
17 She girdeth her loins with strength, and strengtheneth her arms.
18 She perceiveth that her merchandise is good: her candle goeth not out by night.
19 She layeth her hands to the spindle, and her hands hold the distaff.
20 She stretcheth out her hand to the poor; yea, she reacheth forth her hands to the needy.
21 She is not afraid of the snow for her household: for all her household are clothed with scarlet.
22 She maketh herself coverings of tapestry; her clothing is silk and purple.
23 Her husband is known in the gates, when he sitteth among the elders of the land.
24 She maketh fine linen, and selleth it; and delivereth girdles unto the merchant.
25 Strength and honour are her clothing; and she shall rejoice in time to come.
26 She openeth her mouth with wisdom; and in her tongue is the law of kindness.
27 She looketh well to the ways of her household, and eateth not the bread of idleness.
28 Her children arise up, and call her blessed; her husband also, and he praiseth her.
29 Many daughters have done virtuously, but thou excellest them all.
30 Favour is deceitful, and beauty is vain: but a woman that feareth the Lord, she shall be praised.
31 Give her of the fruit of her hands; and let her own works praise her in the gates.